Swinging for State

Lady Rebels start season Feb. 15 with high hopes

The+Lady+Rebels+have+seven+seniors+returning+this+season.+From+left+are%2C+Alainah+Felton%2C+Emily+Vicknair%2C+Ava+Fernandez%2C+Sidney+Knoy%2C+Camryn+Loving%2C+Anna+Mistretta+and+Leah+St.+Pierre.+

Tamra Regalo

The Lady Rebels have seven seniors returning this season. From left are, Alainah Felton, Emily Vicknair, Ava Fernandez, Sidney Knoy, Camryn Loving, Anna Mistretta and Leah St. Pierre.

Zoie Gray, Contributor

The Riverside Academy softball team will swing into the 2023 season Wednesday, with a 3:30 p.m. game at Northshore High School.

The Lady Rebels are coming off a 29-7 season that ended in the Division IV semifinals in Broussard. The team broke the school’s home run records, finishing the season with 58.

With seven seniors returning this season, coach Tamra Regalo is looking to get her team back to the State Tournament for the 20th time in school history. They have made it every year since 2017 (there was no tournament in 2020 due to Covid). The Lady Rebels were Class 2A state champions in 2002.

“I think we have a very promising experienced team, who has the ability to go all the way,” Regalo said. “Getting past the quarterfinals and making it to that final game is something this group has yet to experience, so we are hoping to make that push this year.”