Rebel Express Announces New Leaders

Kallie Bourgeois Named Editor

Lori Lyons

Rebel Express Editor, Kallie Bourgeois

Lori Lyons, Rebel Express Advisor

The Rebel Express, Riverside Academy’s school news website, has a new student leader. Senior Kallie Bourgeois, a second year journalism student, has been named the site’s editor. She replaces Rafael Villareal, who spent two years at the helm and graduated in May.

Bourgeois contributed several stories to the site during her junior year, including a review of the student production of The Wizard of Oz. She is a member of the swim team and the soccer team.

Noah Trepagnier has been named the sports editor. Alainah Felton is the photo editor. Mason Meyer, who was one of the founding members of the Rebel Express, is the web editor. Lee Meyers will serve as podcast editor. All are students in the Journalism I and II classes.

In addition, Riverside will coordinate a Journalism Club for students not taking the journalism class. Any student at Riverside may contribute stories, photos, editorials, cartoons and original artwork for consideration for publication on the website. The Journalism Club will meet monthly to discuss stories and other student contributions. Members of the club will receive T-shirts that may be worn on Fridays. Seniors who contribute to The Rebel Express may earn a teal cord to be worn at graduation. Zoie Gray will serve as Club  Coordinator.

The Journalism class and club is advised by journalism/multimedia teacher Lori Lyons.

Sports Editor Noah Trepagnier
Photo Editor Alainah Felton