Fly Me to the Moon

Prom to be held March 18, Prom-Mania to follow

Kallie Bourgeois, Editor

Riverside Academy’s juniors and seniors are headed to the moon. “Fly Me to the Moon” is the theme of this year’s prom, which will be held beginning at 9 p.m. on Saturday, March 18 at Dream Events – Victorious Life Family Worship Center, located at 8896 Richmond Drive in LaPlace.

Tickets are $25 per person or $50 per couple. Students should pick up a form from Mr. DiMaggio in Room G1 before Wednesday, March 15.  Non-students must complete the Riverside Dance Permission Form and must be at least a freshman in high school, or between the ages of 15 and 20.

The prom colors are silver, gold, and blue. The dress code is formal. Ladies must wear long dresses that must be pre-approved; gentlemen must wear a tuxedo.

The annual Prom-Mania will be held after prom from 12 a.m. to 2 a.m. in the RA gym. There will be with activities, food, and lots of prizes to win. Admission forms can be picked up in the front office and must be turned in no later than the end of school on Friday, March 10. Several fundraisers have been held to purchase prizes and donations are appreciated. Anyone who wishes to volunteer may contact [email protected] or call Volunteer Coordinator  Molly Duhe at 504-214-1178. Areas needing volunteers are decorating, set-up, and most importantly working Prom-Mania night to assist students.