The Student News Site of Riverside Academy

The Rebel Express

• February 19Fall Sports Banquet, Feb. 21, 6 pm
  • February 19Tennis vs. Zachary, Feb. 20, @Highland Road, 3:30 pm
  • February 19Softball @Central, Feb. 20, JV/V 5 pm

The Rebel Express

The Rebel Express

Polls

If the cafeteria could serve only one dish for the rest of the school year, what would you want it to be?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Senior Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and  King Chance Montelius reigned over the Krewe Bord de Leau on Jan. 27. Ramblin Rebels host Noah Trepagnier served as an usher.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 26
January 30, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier spent some time with Krewe Bord de L'eau's Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and King Rebel XLIII Chance Montelius,...

Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 25
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 25
December 6, 2023

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier visits with Riverside Academy football players Dedric Lastie, Jaedon Butler and Brock Bourgeois ahead of...

Riverside Academy senior lineman Amiree Alexander
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 24
November 10, 2023

In the latest Ramblin' Rebels podcast with Lee Myers and Noah Trepagnier, Riverside Academy senior lineman Amiree Alexander talks about football,...

Riverside head football coach Lee Roussel is the guest on Episode 23 of the Ramblin Rebels Podcast.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 23
October 2, 2023

In Season 2, Episode 2 of the Ramblin' Rebels Podcast, hosts Lee Meyers and Noah Trepagnier visit with Riverside Academy head football coach...

Ramblin Rebels hosts Lee Meyers, left, and Noah Trepagnier are kicking off Season 2 of their award-winning show.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 22
Staff reportsSeptember 5, 2023

They're back! Podcast hosts Lee Meyers and Noah Trepagnier kick off Season 2 of their award winning podcast with a new format as they catch...

BACK TO THE PAST

RA seniors recall childhood memories with backpack choices
Cars+isnt+just+for+little+kids.+Its+for+Riversides+seniors+too.+
Cars isn’t just for little kids. It’s for Riverside’s seniors too.

Think back to when you first started school.  Remember picking your colorful school supplies — new pencils, crayons, markers and fresh paper? And remember picking that perfect backpack? Was it Princess Tiana? Cars? Ninja Turtles? iCarly? 

Riverside Academy’s class of 2024 is remembering those days too, with backpacks that are taking them back to their childhood. They vary from a cute panda bear to Disney princesses, Hello Kitty, SpongeBob and yes, Cars. 

Senior Corrin Cashio is carrying a sparkly panda bear backpack through her final year of high school, just as she did for her first year.

“I love it, because it is something fun to carry around with me all the time,” Cashio said.  “My school bag was actually from my first grade year of school, so it is cool I get to use it for my senior year. I hope future senior classes do this tradition because it is so cute.”

No one knows exactly when the tradition began, but the last couple of senior classes have showed their youthful side with “kiddie” backpacks and school bags.

“I love wearing my kid backpack because it makes me feel like a kid again,” said senior Courtney Bordelon. “It was my same backpack from when I was smaller.”