The Student News Site of Riverside Academy

The Rebel Express

• April 22Zombie Prom, May 2-4, St. John Theatre
  • April 22Zombie Prom tickets on sale now! Advance $12
  • April 22Baseball playoff game, Friday at Vermilion Catholic, 6 p.m.

The Rebel Express

The Rebel Express

Polls

What are your plans for the summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 29
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 29
April 9, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier talks to Riverside Academy band director and RA Ovations director Darryl Clement about the upcoming spring...

Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 28
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 28
March 7, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels Podcast host Noah Trepagnier talks to Riverside Academy softball coach Tamra Regalo about the thrill of winning last year's Division...

Cole Haase
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 27
February 23, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier visits with Riverside Academy senior golfer Cole Haase to talk about his golf game, his future at Loyola...

Senior Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and  King Chance Montelius reigned over the Krewe Bord de Leau on Jan. 27. Ramblin Rebels host Noah Trepagnier served as an usher.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 26
January 30, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier spent some time with Krewe Bord de L'eau's Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and King Rebel XLIII Chance Montelius,...

Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 25
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 25
December 6, 2023

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier visits with Riverside Academy football players Dedric Lastie, Jaedon Butler and Brock Bourgeois ahead of...

REBELS ON THE GO!

Monopoly Go! is new game obsession for RA students
Craig Matt
Riverside students Chance Tyler and Mason Smith play Monopoly Go!

A few years ago, everybody was addicted to Pokemon. Then it was Fortnite. There also was a short flirtation with Hayday. This year, the new thing for Riverside Academy student is the mobile game Monopoly Go!

Monopoly Go! is a mobile version of the traditional Hasbro board game that can be played on phones and tablets with friends and family members or even complete strangers. The object is to gather wealth, build houses and hotels, and collect album cards to move through levels. The fun part, players say, is bankrupting and shutting down your friends by landing on one of the four railroad properties. The goal is to reach the highest level to become Tycoon. Players can collect stickers along the way.

Senior Brooklyn Williams has reached the highest level among Riverside players and has bankrupted quite a few friends along the way.

“I play a lot,” Williams said. “It takes a lot of time to work through the levels.”

She said she plans to quit once she reaches the top of the game.

“Once I complete the whole deck of album cards, I’ll probably retire,” she said.

Other players just enjoy the game to have fun.

“I started playing because I love stealing my friend’s money.” said senior Chance Montelius, who is still in the middle of the pack when it comes to levels.

“I started playing Monopoly Go! because everyone else started playing and now I like it, ” said Courtney Bordelon, who also has reached the middle levels of the game.

It’s not just Riverside Academy that is obsessed with the game. Released in April, Monopoly Go! is the hottest app game on the market right now, with more than 500 million users worldwide and earning an estimated $135 million in revenue in its first four months on the market. By the end of July, it was making roughly $2 million per day