Rebels to Make the Warriors See Stars

Dress Up Days for Homecoming Week are Set

Jessie Weiler, Elementary Editor

Next week Riverside Academy students will be allowed to be almost anyone they want to be. It’s Homecoming Week, so RA students will be dressing up in various themes to “Make the (Houma Christian) Warriors See Stars.”

Monday, Sep. 19 is Movie Duo Monday. Students and faculty may dress as their favorite iconic movie duos, such as Thelma and Louise, Sandy and Danny, or Wednesday and Pugsley.

Tuesday, Sept. 20  is Cartoon Tuesday. Students and faculty may dress up as their favorite animated characters, such as Minnie Mouse, The Powerpuff Girls, and Winnie the Pooh.

Wednesday, Sept. 21 is War Zone Wednesday. Students will battle other grades in assigned colors with camouflage.

On Thursday, Sep. 22 is Decades of Movies Day. Students and faculty may wear dress from different decades. The staff has the 50s, the High School has the 60s, the Middle School has the 70s and the Elementary School has the 80s.

On Friday Sep. 23 students may show their Rebel pride by wearing school colors. The Elementary School will wear red, the middle school will wear navy blue, the high school will wear white and the seniors will wear red, white and blue.

Students must follow dress-code regulations or they may be sent home and lose dress-down privileges. Closed-toe shoes must be worn (no sandals or flip flops). Hair and face paint must be applied before arriving for school. Shorts must be school-appropriate length and may not be tight-fitting (no Spandex). Leggings may be worn with a shirt that covers the rear end or shorts must be worn on top. Tutus must be worn with leggings or jeans underneath. No tattered jeans with holes may be worn. No clothing with inappropriate symbols or language may be worn. Shirts must be school-appropriate (no crop tops, spaghetti straps, tight-fitted, tank tops, or hoodies).

A pep rally will be held on Friday at 2:20 p.m. in the gym. Friday night the Rebels will host the Houma Christian Warriors.