The Student News Site of Riverside Academy

The Rebel Express

• February 19Fall Sports Banquet, Feb. 21, 6 pm
  • February 19Tennis vs. Zachary, Feb. 20, @Highland Road, 3:30 pm
  • February 19Softball @Central, Feb. 20, JV/V 5 pm

The Rebel Express

The Rebel Express

Polls

If the cafeteria could serve only one dish for the rest of the school year, what would you want it to be?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Senior Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and  King Chance Montelius reigned over the Krewe Bord de Leau on Jan. 27. Ramblin Rebels host Noah Trepagnier served as an usher.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 26
January 30, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier spent some time with Krewe Bord de L'eau's Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and King Rebel XLIII Chance Montelius,...

Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 25
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 25
December 6, 2023

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier visits with Riverside Academy football players Dedric Lastie, Jaedon Butler and Brock Bourgeois ahead of...

Riverside Academy senior lineman Amiree Alexander
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 24
November 10, 2023

In the latest Ramblin' Rebels podcast with Lee Myers and Noah Trepagnier, Riverside Academy senior lineman Amiree Alexander talks about football,...

Riverside head football coach Lee Roussel is the guest on Episode 23 of the Ramblin Rebels Podcast.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 23
October 2, 2023

In Season 2, Episode 2 of the Ramblin' Rebels Podcast, hosts Lee Meyers and Noah Trepagnier visit with Riverside Academy head football coach...

Ramblin Rebels hosts Lee Meyers, left, and Noah Trepagnier are kicking off Season 2 of their award-winning show.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 22
Staff reportsSeptember 5, 2023

They're back! Podcast hosts Lee Meyers and Noah Trepagnier kick off Season 2 of their award winning podcast with a new format as they catch...

ONE AWAY

Rebels reach semifinals for the first time since 2016
The+Riverside+Academy+Rebels+take+the+field+against+St.+Martins+on+Nov.+24.+
Lindsay Hymel Cambre
The Riverside Academy Rebels take the field against St. Martin’s on Nov. 24.

For the first time since 2017, the Riverside Academy Rebels football team are playing in the semifinal round of the football playoffs.

The Rebels (11-1) will travel to Abbeville to take on the Vermilion Catholic Screaming Eagles in the Division IV Select playoffs Friday at 7 p.m. A win will send the team to the state championship game in the Caesar’s Superdome on Dec. 7.

Riverside advanced to Week 14 after taking a 26-14 road win against district rival, St. Martin’s last week and a 14-12 win over Catholic-Pointe Coupee the week before.

After earning a first-round playoff bye, the Rebels hosted Catholic-Pointe Coupee on Nov. 17 and it was a dog fight, with the Rebels putting up their lowest point total of the season. The visitors were poised to tie the game in the final minutes after scoring a touchdown, but senior Wayne Hymel came up with a big tackle at the goal line to preserve the win.

That win sent the Rebels into a rematch against district opponent, St. Martin’s on Nov. 22.  It was similar story as the first time the two teams met with running back Dedric Lastie running all over the Saints defense. Lastie rushed for 219 yards and three touchdowns on 28 carries. The Rebels were also successful in the air with quarterback Brock Bourgeois passing for 80 yards and one touchdown to Kenric Johnson. The defense also had a great game against the Saints, holding the top running back in the nation, Harlem Berry, to only one touchdown.

.