The Student News Site of Riverside Academy

The Rebel Express

• February 19Fall Sports Banquet, Feb. 21, 6 pm
  • February 19Tennis vs. Zachary, Feb. 20, @Highland Road, 3:30 pm
  • February 19Softball @Central, Feb. 20, JV/V 5 pm

The Rebel Express

The Rebel Express

Polls

If the cafeteria could serve only one dish for the rest of the school year, what would you want it to be?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Senior Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and  King Chance Montelius reigned over the Krewe Bord de Leau on Jan. 27. Ramblin Rebels host Noah Trepagnier served as an usher.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 26
January 30, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier spent some time with Krewe Bord de L'eau's Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and King Rebel XLIII Chance Montelius,...

Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 25
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 25
December 6, 2023

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier visits with Riverside Academy football players Dedric Lastie, Jaedon Butler and Brock Bourgeois ahead of...

Riverside Academy senior lineman Amiree Alexander
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 24
November 10, 2023

In the latest Ramblin' Rebels podcast with Lee Myers and Noah Trepagnier, Riverside Academy senior lineman Amiree Alexander talks about football,...

Riverside head football coach Lee Roussel is the guest on Episode 23 of the Ramblin Rebels Podcast.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 23
October 2, 2023

In Season 2, Episode 2 of the Ramblin' Rebels Podcast, hosts Lee Meyers and Noah Trepagnier visit with Riverside Academy head football coach...

Ramblin Rebels hosts Lee Meyers, left, and Noah Trepagnier are kicking off Season 2 of their award-winning show.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 22
Staff reportsSeptember 5, 2023

They're back! Podcast hosts Lee Meyers and Noah Trepagnier kick off Season 2 of their award winning podcast with a new format as they catch...

SWEET VICTORY

Southern Sweethearts take state in dance competition
The+Southern+Sweethearts+won+the+Open+Category+at+the+state+dance+competition.+
The Southern Sweethearts won the Open Category at the state dance competition.

The Riverside Academy Southern Sweethearts took first place in the Open Category of the American All-Star Dance Competition held Jan. 13-14 at the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

The dance team defeated six other Division I schools to take the title. They also finished fourth in the Pom Category and fifth in the Jazz Category.

Earlier this month, the Sweethearts took several awards at the Dance Team Union regional competition at Live Oak High School. The ladies finished second in the Varsity Open Category and fifth in the Specialty Jazz Category. They finished fourth in the Spirit Showdown Performance and seventh in the Pom Category.

Team members are (as pictured) front row from left, Teryn Davis, Ella Champagne, Mia Saijas and Aimee Duhe. Back row, D’Nia Hammothe, Baylee Badeaux, Kye Bourgeois, Saylor Deroche and Noelle Cosse.

Team members Ella Champagne, Teryn Davis and Mia Saijas placed fourth in the Trio Competition at DTU. Baylee Badeaux and Noelle Cosse placed fifth and eighth place respectively in the youth solo category.