The Student News Site of Riverside Academy

The Rebel Express

• February 19Fall Sports Banquet, Feb. 21, 6 pm
  • February 19Tennis vs. Zachary, Feb. 20, @Highland Road, 3:30 pm
  • February 19Softball @Central, Feb. 20, JV/V 5 pm

The Rebel Express

The Rebel Express

Polls

If the cafeteria could serve only one dish for the rest of the school year, what would you want it to be?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Senior Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and  King Chance Montelius reigned over the Krewe Bord de Leau on Jan. 27. Ramblin Rebels host Noah Trepagnier served as an usher.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 26
January 30, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier spent some time with Krewe Bord de L'eau's Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and King Rebel XLIII Chance Montelius,...

Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 25
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 25
December 6, 2023

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier visits with Riverside Academy football players Dedric Lastie, Jaedon Butler and Brock Bourgeois ahead of...

Riverside Academy senior lineman Amiree Alexander
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 24
November 10, 2023

In the latest Ramblin' Rebels podcast with Lee Myers and Noah Trepagnier, Riverside Academy senior lineman Amiree Alexander talks about football,...

Riverside head football coach Lee Roussel is the guest on Episode 23 of the Ramblin Rebels Podcast.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 23
October 2, 2023

In Season 2, Episode 2 of the Ramblin' Rebels Podcast, hosts Lee Meyers and Noah Trepagnier visit with Riverside Academy head football coach...

Ramblin Rebels hosts Lee Meyers, left, and Noah Trepagnier are kicking off Season 2 of their award-winning show.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 22
Staff reportsSeptember 5, 2023

They're back! Podcast hosts Lee Meyers and Noah Trepagnier kick off Season 2 of their award winning podcast with a new format as they catch...

ACTing UP

RA senior joins 30+ Club with ACT score
Brayden Lasseigne
Lori Lyons
Brayden Lasseigne

Riverside Academy senior Brayden Lasseigne has joined an elite club at the school.

Lasseigne officially became a member of the school’s 30+ Club after scoring a 30 on  the January ACT test.

His score puts him in the 93rd percentile of all test takers and opens him up to a whole new world of academic opportunities like scholarships and higher acceptance rates for colleges. Only about a half a dozen Riverside Academy students have scored a 30 or above in recent years.

To me, my score just shows me how long I’ve studied for the ACT,” Brayden said. “It does not make me feel smarter. Though, I am glad to have a higher score for scholarships for college.”

Lasseigne said that he has taken the test six times and uses the computer program MasteryPrep to prepare and study. On weekends he takes practice tests and studies what he got wrong afterwards. He said the best trick for taking the ACT is to not stress too much about it and to manage your time. His best advice is to make sure to have a little bit of time at the end to review  questions and make sure you have answered everything.

I didn’t make a great score the first time I took the test, but with time, effort, and being less nervous, I believe anyone can make a high score,” Lasseigne said.