The Student News Site of Riverside Academy

The Rebel Express

• February 19Fall Sports Banquet, Feb. 21, 6 pm
  • February 19Tennis vs. Zachary, Feb. 20, @Highland Road, 3:30 pm
  • February 19Softball @Central, Feb. 20, JV/V 5 pm

The Rebel Express

The Rebel Express

Polls

If the cafeteria could serve only one dish for the rest of the school year, what would you want it to be?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Senior Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and  King Chance Montelius reigned over the Krewe Bord de Leau on Jan. 27. Ramblin Rebels host Noah Trepagnier served as an usher.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 26
January 30, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier spent some time with Krewe Bord de L'eau's Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and King Rebel XLIII Chance Montelius,...

Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 25
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 25
December 6, 2023

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier visits with Riverside Academy football players Dedric Lastie, Jaedon Butler and Brock Bourgeois ahead of...

Riverside Academy senior lineman Amiree Alexander
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 24
November 10, 2023

In the latest Ramblin' Rebels podcast with Lee Myers and Noah Trepagnier, Riverside Academy senior lineman Amiree Alexander talks about football,...

Riverside head football coach Lee Roussel is the guest on Episode 23 of the Ramblin Rebels Podcast.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 23
October 2, 2023

In Season 2, Episode 2 of the Ramblin' Rebels Podcast, hosts Lee Meyers and Noah Trepagnier visit with Riverside Academy head football coach...

Ramblin Rebels hosts Lee Meyers, left, and Noah Trepagnier are kicking off Season 2 of their award-winning show.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 22
Staff reportsSeptember 5, 2023

They're back! Podcast hosts Lee Meyers and Noah Trepagnier kick off Season 2 of their award winning podcast with a new format as they catch...

RETURNING CHAMPS

Lady Rebels have to revamp for 2024
The+Lady+Rebels+won+the+state+championship+in+2023.+
The Lady Rebels won the state championship in 2023.

After losing seven starting seniors from last year’s Division IV state championship softball team, the Riverside Academy Lady Rebels have to start from scratch with a whole new lineup.

Having to replace two outfielders, four infielders, and seven strong hitters, the team is trying players in all different grades at all different positions. Players are stepping up and trying new positions they have never played before.

The softball team does have its two starting pitchers returning as seniors this year. One is Amber Palermo, who pitched a shutout to win the state championship game against Catholic Pointe Coupee last year. The other is Kylie Bordelon, who pitched to get the win in the semi finals game against St. Fredricks. Only three other starters who were in the lineup were not seniors.

Not only will players have to step up in the field, they will also have to step up at the plate to fill big shoes left behind by the 2023 seniors.

“It’s tough losing kids you’ve been around since they’ve been coaching for six years, the majority of your line up and fielders,” head coach Tamra Regalo said. “We knew the long ball was always a threat 1 through 9 last year and (they were) solid defensively. This upcoming group is faster on the bases, so we as coaches are going to have to challenge them in different ways than the group that just left. These girls who are filling in positions were learning side by side veterans last year and there is no better teacher than that. We are going to rely on veteran pitchers and catchers to lead us on defense and be scrappy on offense. We keep telling them we will be different, but different isn’t a bad thing. Embrace it.”

The Lady Rebels will play Live Oak in a jamboree on Friday, Feb. 9. The junior varsity will play at 4 p.m. and the varsity will play after. The season officially begins Feb. 14 at Holden at 5 p.m.