Turning the Page

Rebel Express Editor says final goodbye

Kallie+Bourgeois+will+graduate+with+the+Class+of+2023.+She+plans+to+attend+Northwestern+State+University+to+major+in+journalism.+She+already+has+secured+a+spot+as+a+reporter+for+The+Current+Sauce%2C+the+schools+newspaper.+

Danielle De St. Germain

Kallie Bourgeois will graduate with the Class of 2023. She plans to attend Northwestern State University to major in journalism. She already has secured a spot as a reporter for The Current Sauce, the school’s newspaper.

Kallie Bourgeois, Editor

It’s sad to say but my time as editor of The Rebel Express is over. The past year went by so fast for me, but it was definitely the most memorable.

In May of 2022, Mrs. Lyons gave me the opportunity to become editor and I took it. I think my experience is the perfect example of why students like me deserve these opportunities. We were used to being overlooked and known as the invisible quiet kids in the chaotic world of high school no matter how hard we tried. Having a role such as editor has given me a voice and I hope it will impact others like myself. I know I’ve said it a thousand times, but it gave me a purpose.

But since I’m giving up this platform, I would like to share some of my observations from throughout the school year.

1. It’s OK to not know what you want to do after high school.
  2. You’re not funny when you’re humiliating others.
  3. Not everything needs to be a competition.
  4. Not everything is always what it seems.
  5. The intercom system still doesn’t work in the back of school.
  6. The Rebel Express is supported primarily by alumni.
  7. Disciplinary actions need to be enforced more on everyone.
  8. The RA pride is still alive.
  9. Everyone’s definition of “weird” is different.

This is my final goodbye as editor. Thank you to my parents and sister for supporting me with this role. Thank you to Mrs. Lyons for giving me this chance in the first place. I wouldn’t be where I am today without this opportunity. Thank you to all the teachers and staff that have encouraged me to write more. I am so excited to see what the future holds for this amazing website and I wish all the returning and new staff members good luck.

This is Kallie Bourgeois signing off.