The Student News Site of Riverside Academy

The Rebel Express

• April 22Zombie Prom, May 2-4, St. John Theatre
  • April 22Zombie Prom tickets on sale now! Advance $12
  • April 22Baseball playoff game, Friday at Vermilion Catholic, 6 p.m.

The Rebel Express

The Rebel Express

Polls

What are your plans for the summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 29
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 29
April 9, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier talks to Riverside Academy band director and RA Ovations director Darryl Clement about the upcoming spring...

Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 28
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 28
March 7, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels Podcast host Noah Trepagnier talks to Riverside Academy softball coach Tamra Regalo about the thrill of winning last year's Division...

Cole Haase
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 27
February 23, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier visits with Riverside Academy senior golfer Cole Haase to talk about his golf game, his future at Loyola...

Senior Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and  King Chance Montelius reigned over the Krewe Bord de Leau on Jan. 27. Ramblin Rebels host Noah Trepagnier served as an usher.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 26
January 30, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier spent some time with Krewe Bord de L'eau's Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and King Rebel XLIII Chance Montelius,...

Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 25
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 25
December 6, 2023

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier visits with Riverside Academy football players Dedric Lastie, Jaedon Butler and Brock Bourgeois ahead of...

First person: Hungry Reader

“The Hunger Games” still feeding readers’ imaginations
Ava Fleetwood, eighth grader, recommends “The Hunger Games.”

Could you imagine being in a world where kids 12-18 get put in an arena to fight to their death? If that interests you, then you should read “The Hunger Games” by American author Suzanne Collins. This three-book series really had me on the edge of my seat! The first book, “The Hunger Games,” won the Gold Duck Award in 2009 for young-adult fiction. These books were so great that they were turned into movies, featuring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth. But today I’m not here talking about the movies. I’m talking about the first book, the book that started everything.

Every year, as a punishment for their past rebellion, the District’s children are forced to play in The Hunger Games. A boy and a girl from District 1-12 go to the reaping where they pick which boy and which girl participates in The Hunger Games. Katniss and Prim, sisters, are getting ready for the reaping. It is Prim’s first year. It’s time for the reaping. When Prim’s name gets called, Katniss automatically volunteers to take her place. The boy from their District, District 12, is Peeta Mellark. As the training for this game is advancing, Peeta declares his love for Katniss. But there is only one winner. Who will win? Who will die? Will these star-crossed lovers kill each other in the arena?

Most people who read The Hunger Games gave it a 4.7 out of 5. I think it deserves a perfect 5 out of 5. I loved the thrill, the want I had to read more of it. This novel was pure perfection and is perfect for anyone! I absolutely recommend this book to anyone who loves dystopian books, who lives for the thrill. This book will change anyone’s life.