The Student News Site of Riverside Academy

The Rebel Express

• February 19Fall Sports Banquet, Feb. 21, 6 pm
  • February 19Tennis vs. Zachary, Feb. 20, @Highland Road, 3:30 pm
  • February 19Softball @Central, Feb. 20, JV/V 5 pm

The Rebel Express

The Rebel Express

Polls

If the cafeteria could serve only one dish for the rest of the school year, what would you want it to be?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Senior Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and  King Chance Montelius reigned over the Krewe Bord de Leau on Jan. 27. Ramblin Rebels host Noah Trepagnier served as an usher.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 26
January 30, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier spent some time with Krewe Bord de L'eau's Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and King Rebel XLIII Chance Montelius,...

Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 25
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 25
December 6, 2023

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier visits with Riverside Academy football players Dedric Lastie, Jaedon Butler and Brock Bourgeois ahead of...

Riverside Academy senior lineman Amiree Alexander
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 24
November 10, 2023

In the latest Ramblin' Rebels podcast with Lee Myers and Noah Trepagnier, Riverside Academy senior lineman Amiree Alexander talks about football,...

Riverside head football coach Lee Roussel is the guest on Episode 23 of the Ramblin Rebels Podcast.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 23
October 2, 2023

In Season 2, Episode 2 of the Ramblin' Rebels Podcast, hosts Lee Meyers and Noah Trepagnier visit with Riverside Academy head football coach...

Ramblin Rebels hosts Lee Meyers, left, and Noah Trepagnier are kicking off Season 2 of their award-winning show.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 22
Staff reportsSeptember 5, 2023

They're back! Podcast hosts Lee Meyers and Noah Trepagnier kick off Season 2 of their award winning podcast with a new format as they catch...

WINNIN’ WITH ZENON

RA scores with addition of new assistant principal
Dominique Zenon is the new assistant principal at Riverside Academy.

Over the summer Riverside Academy scored a home run when it hired new assistant principal Dominique Zenon.

Mrs. Zenon has worked in education for the past 15 years and has experience varying from elementary education all the way to high school, but she has never worked at a school with K-12 students before. Zenon said she looks forward to being at a school where she can watch the students grow and mature into young men and women.

“I jumped at the opportunity to join the RA team, mostly because of the positive experience I had as a Rebel parent,” Zenon said.

Zenon said transitioning from her old position at Lafayette Academy Middle School to Riverside has been a welcoming experience for both her and her children.

“The faculty and staff at RA have been very welcoming and have met me with open arms,” Zenon said. “Students have also been very sweet and respectful.”

Mrs. Zenon’s journey to Riverside has been an adventurous one. For the last two years before she came to Riverside, she worked as principal for Lafayette Academy Middle School. Prior to that she worked as the assistant principal at McKinley High School in East Baton Rouge Parish, where she was born and raised. She first learned about Riverside several years ago while she was working at Lake Pontchartrain Elementary alongside a Riverside alum. After she moved to Reserve, she looked at schools for her children to attend and found that Riverside would be the best fit for her kids because it was the only PK-12 school in the area. During April while looking for jobs closer to home, she came across an advertisement for Riverside’s Assistant Principal position.

Although she has been at many schools over the years, Zenon said she has never been at the same school as her children.

“Being an administrator at a different school meant I would not always be able to take off work to attend their school events or I would have a lot of time away from my children for my work events,” Zenon said.

Zenon stated that she loves being at the same school as her children and looks forward to being able to attend and participate in the many family events that RA has to offer.

Although there are many organizations offered at RA, she said that this year she is looking forward to the school’s new family organization, RAFA (Riverside Academy Family Association) the most. RAFA gives families the opportunity to help support events at Riverside.

“I knew that RA would be a great place to work, and I was right,” Zenon said.