The Student News Site of Riverside Academy

The Rebel Express

• April 22Zombie Prom, May 2-4, St. John Theatre
  • April 22Zombie Prom tickets on sale now! Advance $12
  • April 22Baseball playoff game, Friday at Vermilion Catholic, 6 p.m.

The Rebel Express

The Rebel Express

Polls

What are your plans for the summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 29
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 29
April 9, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier talks to Riverside Academy band director and RA Ovations director Darryl Clement about the upcoming spring...

Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 28
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 28
March 7, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels Podcast host Noah Trepagnier talks to Riverside Academy softball coach Tamra Regalo about the thrill of winning last year's Division...

Cole Haase
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 27
February 23, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier visits with Riverside Academy senior golfer Cole Haase to talk about his golf game, his future at Loyola...

Senior Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and  King Chance Montelius reigned over the Krewe Bord de Leau on Jan. 27. Ramblin Rebels host Noah Trepagnier served as an usher.
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 26
January 30, 2024

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier spent some time with Krewe Bord de L'eau's Queen Dixie XLIII Corrin Cashio and King Rebel XLIII Chance Montelius,...

Ramblin Rebels Podcast No. 25
Ramblin' Rebels Podcast No. 25
December 6, 2023

Ramblin' Rebels host Noah Trepagnier visits with Riverside Academy football players Dedric Lastie, Jaedon Butler and Brock Bourgeois ahead of...

LEADER OF THE BAND

Melanie Roussel marches in as Marching Pride of Riverside’s Drum Major
Melanie+Roussel%2C+the+Drum+Major+of+the+Marching+Pride+of+Riverside%2C+won+the+award+for+Most+Outstanding+Drum+Major+at+the+Lafayette+Music+Drum+Major+Camp+this+summer.+
Lori Lyons
Melanie Roussel, the Drum Major of the Marching Pride of Riverside, won the award for Most Outstanding Drum Major at the Lafayette Music Drum Major Camp this summer.

Since she was in the seventh grade, Melanie Roussel has been a member of the Marching Pride Of Riverside. But for the last few years she has been dreaming of doing more than just playing the flute. Melanie has imagined herself stepping up to the podium and leading the band as the Drum Major. She finally got her shot this year and has won the role Drum Major for the Marching Pride of Riverside for the 2023-2024 school year.

She already is marching to her own beat. During the summer, Melanie went to the Lafayette Music Drum Major camp to learn how to be a proper drum major along with around 50 other students from schools such as Lafayette High School, Central Lafourche, Terrebonne High, and Kaplan High. Out of everyone there Melanie won the award for Most Outstanding Drum Major.

Melanie said she is proud to have won the role and hopes to make everyone proud.

“Even though I know I will never be a perfect drum major, I will continue to work hard to be a great drum major for The Marching Pride of Riverside,” Roussel stated. 

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Rebel Express
$700
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Riverside Academy and cover our annual website hosting costs.