From The Editor

A letter from new editor Kallie Bourgeois

Rebel Express editor Kallie Bourgeois will graduate with the Class of 2023. She plans to attend Northwestern State University to major in journalism. She already has a spot on the staff of The Current Sauce, the student newspaper. She also hopes to continue to contribute to L’Observateur in LaPlace. 

Kallie Bourgeois, Editor

Let me introduce myself. I’m Kallie Bourgeois, the new editor of The Rebel Express. I started contributing stories in the Fall of 2021 during my junior year and it’s been an amazing experience since then.

After taking a Multimedia class with Mrs. Lyons in 2020, my sophomore year, I decided to take Journalism to see what it was all about. Thinking that I would ever be good at writing stories or interviewing others was never in question. Writing for The Rebel Express has taught me how to be news aware and the importance of communication within our school. 

My vision as editor is to provide stories to our community, which is inclusive of all the RA family. Writing about the unknown is important to me as well as sharing everyone’s accomplishments. I want everyone to feel like they have something important to share with this community. I have high expectations for the website this year. 

I encourage everyone to join the Journalism Club if you’re interested in being a part of our amazing website. Thank you to Mrs. Lyons for this opportunity and I look forward to a great year!